If you desire to become certified by Company of Experts.net as an Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator, you will participate in an AIFT and then complete a Practicum/Supervised Experience and Report, at no additional cost.
For your Practicum/Supervised Experience, you will design and facilitate at least one Appreciative Inquiry session for an organization, group, or community using all five generic processes:
- Choose the positive as the focus of inquiry
- Inquire into exceptionally positive moments
- Share the stories and identify life-giving forces
- Create shared images of a preferred future
- Innovate and improvise ways to create that future.
You will then develop a brief report of that experience. Your AIFT Trainer(s) will be available by email and/or phone for free consultations throughout your Practicum. Please submit your Report to Kathy@companyofexperts.net. In addition to your trainer(s), Kathy Becker is also available to answer any questions.
Here’s the format for your Report – be sure to include as much information as possible so that we experience the energy of the stakeholders, that you understand the principles of AI and of course, what you learned and what you would like more of: (Please include your name on each page and document that you submit)
- Please include your name, title, email address, phone number and agency that you work for.
- Please include the AIFT Dates and location that you received your training.
- Brief description of the organization, group, or community you worked with.
- List the names and/or category of stakeholders you included in the Core Group, the cross-section of people that helped you identify the topic and modify the Interview Guide.
- What was the positive topic that the Core Group identified for inquiry? What method did you use to help them identify the topic?
- Attach or include the modified Interview Guide they used, i.e., the Generic Interview Guide slightly modified for the positive topic of the inquiry.
- What method of interviews did people use to inquire into exceptionally positive moments, face to face paired interviews, or some other way?
- Attach or include a list of the Life-Giving Forces (what they MOST wanted to create MORE of) that the group identified in the stories they shared.
- Attach or include the Provocative Proposition(s) the group or organization created from the LGFs.
- Attach or include the Strategic Intentions the group or organization developed to realize the Provocative Proposition(s) they created.
- Impact or Results: What organizational, group or community attitude, process or structure changes have people made as they move toward realizing the Provocative Proposition(s)? What progress have people made toward their Strategic Intentions or Initiatives or Pilot Projects? What stories of success can you share?
- What will you do to ensure that people continue to move toward realizing the Provocative Proposition(s)? How will you help them gather stories of success? How will you help them celebrate? How will you, as the AI Facilitator, support their ongoing success?
- What did you wish for in the inquiry? What did you learn from the inquiry about yourself and your facilitation? What was your “personal best” experience related to facilitating the Inquiry?
- Have you received permission from the “client” or “clients” to tell us their story? In other words, does Company of Experts, Inc. have permission to share this story with others? If not, who would Company of Experts, Inc. need to contact to receive permission? If you could please answer each question as if telling us a story. Attach any materials that you may use such as power points, agendas, etc. It helps for us to “experience” your facilitation. Also, if you take pictures and we may use those, please include them.
Do you have Questions? Comments?
Please fill out the form below and we will contact you within two business days. Thank you.